If you’re a new parent or you’ve just moved to the Anna, Texas area, it’s important to find a qualified family dentist to care for the oral health of you and your loved ones. So what’s the difference is between general dentists, pediatric dentists, and family dentists?
What Is Family Dentistry?
At Branches Dental, Dr. Nilesh Thakkar is an experienced family dentist, which means he can treat patients of all ages. Family dentistry is concerned with addressing oral health at every stage of life, but particularly in kids and teenagers. Family dentists are quite similar to general dentists, but typically have more experience working with children. Some family dentists may even be qualified pediatricians.
When you choose a family dentist, you’re choosing a practice that will be able to address the oral needs of you and your children, at every stage of life.
What Do Family Dentists Do?
Family dentists typically focus on general and preventative dentistry. Some of the most common services family dentists provide include:
- Regular cleanings and exams – 6-month exams are critical for patients of all ages because they help catch oral issues like tooth decay and gingivitis before they become more severe. These checkups also ensure that your child’s teeth are developing properly.
- Fluoride treatments and dental sealants – Fluoride treatments and dental sealants are both great ways to prevent tooth decay, which is especially common in children.
- Cavity checks and fillings – Tooth decay is a common, yet completely preventable, childhood disease. Most family dentists specialize in identifying and filling cavities, and treating patients of all ages who are suffering from tooth decay.
- Orthodontics – Not all family dentists can offer in-house orthodontic treatment. However, they do offer orthodontic exams, and can provide referrals to outside orthodontists, if necessary.
- Gum disease treatment – Family dentists typically offer services like periodontal maintenance and scaling and root planing to treat patients who are suffering from gum disease.
Need A Family Dentist? Contact Branches Dental Today!
A family dentist can treat young children, teens, adults, and the elderly, and provide proper oral care during every stage of life. By choosing a family dentist like Dr. Nilesh Thakkar of Branches Dental, you’ll be able to build a long-term relationship with your dental care provider, which results in a higher level of dental care.
Contact Dr. Thakkar for an appointment now at (972) 924-0330, or stop by our office to learn more. We are conveniently located at 2100 West White St., Ste 100, Anna, TX 75409. We’re always accepting new patients, so we hope to see you soon!